Emergency Financial Services
We understand. There are times in everyone’s lives when they need help from others. If you are having trouble paying your utility bill, we can help.
Who is eligible?
● Seniors age 55 years of age or older, whose income is at or below 130% of the Federal poverty level.
● And a resident of Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, Boulder, Broomfield county area(s).
What is needed?
● Photo I.D.
Photo Identification can be ONE of the following:
•State Issued driver's License or ID
•Foreign ID (Including Passport)
•Other Valid Photo ID - Veteran card
● Proof of Address
Proof of Address can be ONE of the following:
•Recent Rent Receipt
•Motor Vehicle Registration
• Recent Utility Bill
•Other recently received postmarked correspondence
● Current Xcel bill or disruption of service
● Proof of income
Proof of Income Eligibility can be ONE of the following:
•Social Security Award Letter/SSI/TPQY
•Subsidized Housing Verification
•Food Stamp Award Letter
•OAP/VA Pension Statement
•W2/Recent Pay Stubs/Employer Statement
● Copy of letter of approval or denial from the county leap office.
Click here for more information regarding LEAP(Low Income Energy Assistance Program)
● Amount of assistance will vary on a case to case basis.
How to apply?
● Must first call Senior Assistance Center for an appointment.
● Phone: 303-455-9642
● Day and Time: Monday thru Thursday 10:00AM to 2:00 PM
● Questions email: counselorL.B@SeniorAssistanceCenter.org