Our Mission The Senior Assistance Center has provided valuable services to vulnerable senior citizens since 1981. Our mission is to promote the self-sufficiency of all seniors in Colorado and to ensure that no senior goes without the necessities of life, including food, shelter, and public services. Please click here to read more about our mission.
Our Food bank is happening every Thursday here at our center.
From 10:00 AM till Noon every Thursday we have a Food Bank for Seniors. There is no cost to our Seniors.
Mobile Food Bank
Utilities Payment Program
Our Food bank is happening every Thursday here at our center.
Support the Senior Assistance Center through Amazon smile for Mother’s Day! http://p0.vresp.com/I9WmIP #vr4smallbiz
Support the Senior Assistance Center through Amazon smile for Mother’s Day! https://t.co/jJCWd3Ddtf #vr4smallbiz
Food bank tomorrow for Seniors 50 and older. 9:00 A.M-12:00 P.M 2839 W. 44th Ave Denver, CO 80211
MISSION & VISION
Our mission at the Senior Assistance Center is to promote the self-sufficiency of all senior citizens in Colorado, to ensure that no senior citizen goes without the necessities of life, including food, shelter, and public service.
♥ Senior Assistance Center♥
The Senior Assistance Center offers many services to seniors in our community.
Stop by and see what Senior Assistance Center can do for you.
The following are our Program Services :
♥Each week on Thursday we provide a Food Bank at our location from 10:00am until Noon ♥We distribute Government Commodities once a month ♥Emergency Food Assistance ♥Pay past-due Utility Bills ♥Rental Assistance on a case-by-case basis ♥Durable Medical Equipment loaners at NO charge ♥Bus Fare Assistance ♥Case Counselling and Information Referral Services ♥Volunteer Positions Available ♥ArtReach Cultural Ticket Program ♥Senior Employment Program ♥Deliver Meals on Wheels
If you know of a senior who may need our help please have them call us at 303-455-9642, or come into our offices at 2839 W. 44th Avenue ♥ Denver ♥ CO ♥ 80211
Our Hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm.
SUPPORT SAC BY SHOPPING AT AMAZON SMILE.
When you shop at Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate to SAC . Support us when you shop Amazon by logging on to Amazon using this url – https://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-2270678 or click on the button below. We thank you for your continued support.
ON SITE FOOD BANK
We have had an onsite Food Bank helping Seniors for over 35 years. Each Thursday between 10:00 AM – 12:00PM the Senior Assistance Center provides a self-select supplemental food bank.
MOBILE FOOD BANK
Our mobile food bank volunteers & staff distribute food to homebound seniors. We transport food goods weekly to over 125 seniors living in affordable senior housing complexes. Our goal for 2017 is to expand our service to over 500 seniors weekly.
There are times in everyone’s lives when they are in need of financial assistance. Due to the rising cost of utilities it is easy to understand how one can fall behind on bills. If you are a senior that is faced with a disconnection notice or if you have fallen behind on your bill, we can help.
- 10. The Senior Assistance Center has been serving seniors for over 35 years. Many people say that we are a cornerstone of the Northwest Denver community.
- 9. Each Thursday our food bank, located at 2839 West 44th Ave., serves nearly 200 people.
- 8. Our clothing bank is a great place for men and women to get something new and seasonally appropriate for their wardrobe. We have also expanded our inventory so people can also find household items, books, and videos.
- 7. When there is a need for medical equipment that can help a senior recover from a medical emergency or illness, the Senior Assistance Center is there to lend the item free of charge and for as long as needed.
- 6. Many of our seniors rely exclusively on public transportation to get to appointments, work, and activities. The Senior Assistance Center is able to provide bus tokens or reduced monthly bus passes.
- 5. Our friendly visitors are a breath of sunshine for seniors who are shut-in. The friendly visitors are there routinely and provide a helping hand, listening ear and a sense of security for people living alone.
- 4. Our mobile food banks go out to senior housing complexes and set up a market of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy products and canned goods. This helps “the hidden hungry” in our community routinely access healthy food.
- 3. The Senior Assistance Center is able to offer free tickets to many cultural and fun events in Denver. The tickets are used by seniors who want to be entertained and included. As one senior put it “I look forward to the events, they make me feel alive!”
- 2. Our staff and volunteers are truly the heart of our organization. Each day they help seniors get back on track and thrive. We do important work at the Senior Assistance Center.
- 1. Our vision for the future is clear – we want to serve as many seniors as we can and improve and expand our services based on the needs of our community. With your support, we can ensure that seniors are assisted and made to feel valuable.
Each day the Senior Assistance Center has the golden opportunity to make an important and positive difference in the lives of seniors throughout the Denver metro area. The Senior Assistance Center relies on the generosity of our community to provide these services.
Never in my wildest dreams….
Never in my wildest dream did I think I would be the homeless man on the park bench! Yet here I am. I am so scared that I only sleep during the day. I walk at night. I feel so vulnerable! Sometimes I am lucky enough to get into a shelter. Mothers shush their children when they see me, and often cross the street. I love kids. I spent my entire working life teaching 6th grade in one of Denver’s Elementary Schools. I made some investments that crashed along with the economy. I’ve lost my family, my home, my self-respect. I get my social security check, but it’s not enough to pay a deposit on an apartment. Sometimes I will get a motel room for the night so that I can shower and do my laundry. Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not an alcoholic or a drug addict.
If you know of a senior who may need our help, please have them call us at 303-455-9642.